Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hello 2009...

Wow. Time flies.



Change is is the air. My homeschooler just switched to a online charter school and the the change has been quite a adjustment. We will see how it works out.



We are rethinking our house. Its a big expense made bigger by our 30% drop in income and honestly its not my dream house. Its actually bigger than my dream home and while very nice I have come to realize a few things are missing that are very important to me. Privacy would be a big one. I live in a subdivision and while the lots are pretty nice sized its still not private enough. I don't want worry about what the neighbors or our HOA thinks about my yard or what I do to my house. Of course, its not a great time to sell so we will be staying put for awhile but still planning for a move someday.

We have also been thinking for some time of trying to find a new church closer to home and I think we need to try harder to do this. 2009 could be a year with a lot of changes. My focus right now is on prayer and keeping things simple so we will be ready for whatever happens.

...and of course my I want to lose 10 pounds and get more organized :)

4 comments:

Shannon@Idylwild said...

We're praying about our church situation, too. It's really tough - we've been there about 9 years. It is a big change!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Birdie said...

Change is definitely in the air at our house, too. It will be interesting and exciting to see just where these changes take us all. ;)

Heather said...

I'm with you about subdivisions. I absolutely couldn't live in one. Around here, you aren't even allowed to have a clothesline.