Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hello!

Hello! It feels like months since I have been in bloggy world. The house we were going to buy fell through. It was a short sale and the buyer was not being very cooperative when it came to the inspection and the agent said they had a back up offer ( which ticked me off) so we walked ( they had already not lived up to the terms of the contract). A week after we walked away the agent tried to get us to come back and was going to renegotiate a even lower price but it was to late for me.

Then we found another house. It was a bank owned property that had just come on the market ( on a Friday) but by Monday 4 people had put in offers and we had come in second. Sigh. I really liked the second one, even better then the first. It really only needed windows to make it ready to move in. They were gone because someone had paint balled them out while it sat empty. This was in a very, very nice area.

So, we are working, keeping our home spotless and waiting. I could live with my house always clean but not as bare as it is now. I feel naked with the rooms so empty and all my stuff packed away. We have had 6 showings, 5 left very positive feedback, 1 left no comment. We had one ridiculous offer so far and another who said they were interested but had to sell their house first. We live in a semi rural area where homes do not move to quickly so I am feeling pretty good about the number of showings we have had.

We had been looking only at cheaper homes but may consider a sideways move. We have also found someplace to rent in case that becomes necessary.

Ugh, I hate having a home on the market. I hope I never have to move again after this :)

I hope you are all doing well, I am just starting to get back to reading blogs and I hope I can catch up on what everyone has been doing.

16 comments:

Raquel, The Glamorous Life said...

glad all is well but that would be hard having to keep everything ready for a showing all the time. hope you find something you love quickly and the right buyer buys your home!

Mom2fur said...

It sure is a hard time for both buying and selling homes! I hope it all turns around for you quickly. I don't think you were meant to have that first house--there were some red flags there, and maybe it would have been a lot of trouble for you. I know you buy a house 'as is,' but the fact the seller wasn't cooperative about a home inspection makes me wonder what they were hiding!

momstheword said...

I think you were smart to walk away. If they won't even work with you to sale their house it makes you wonder what's wrong with their house.

We put our old house on the market when my youngest was six weeks old. A little stressful I'll admit!

Birdie said...

I'm glad to read that you are doing well. We'll keep praying about your moving situation, though.

cody said...

wow im sorry

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
omsai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.