Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Menu Planning for 3/1-3/7

My ads arrive on Saturdays so this is my menu planning day. I look forward to Saturday afternoons. I think I enjoy the grocery ads as much as some people enjoy black Friday ads :)

Monday- Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and salad (DS1 cooks).
Tuesday- Cajun catfish, garlic pasta, asparagus and cheddar biscuits. Also my prep day for the week and grocery day if I need it.
Wednesday- Beef taco salads (shredded beef from Sunday's dinner).
Thursday- Favorite smoked sausage and potatoes with green beans (DS2 and DD cook).
Friday- Chili ( from freezer).
Saturday- Pizza night. Dads in charge of dinner this night :)
Sunday- Ham, twice baked potato casserole, and green beans. Oreo truffles :)


-Its been a long time since we had catfish. We rarely eat fish even though I always mean to include it more but 3.99 lb is not to shabby for catfish and I know the kids will eat it.
-We recently started using Costco tortilla strips instead of taco chips for taco salads and chili and a giant bag for less than $4 seems to stretch a lot farther then the best deals I get at kroger during the 10/10 sales.
-Saturday DH is ordering pizza so I am making the twice baked potato casserole halfway through for Sunday and also making oreo truffles since I will be busy Sunday but still want to have a big Sunday dinner.
-Everything is pretty easy, the only things that require extra time or effort are highlighted in red.

2 comments:

Nico said...

Yummy menu!

Kylie's Mom said...

Oh, you're back! Welcome home lol!